Total Pageviews

Monday, 30 December 2013

Kilmore Gulls

Took a spin out to Kilmore Quay today for what was most likely my last trip of the year. The Sib. Chiff. that had been on show was unfortunately not showing itself when I got there so I headed of to the harbour to scan for gulls. There were plenty of Great Northern Diver inside and outside the harbour and I had a high count of 15. Moving towards the monument I picked up a 1st winter Glaucous Gull on the shore. Then on to the high car park where a few twitchers had collected and were watching a very graceful Kumliens Gull, also 1st winter. A cold and blustery day but worth it for the year tick Glaucous and the lifer Kumliens!

Great Northern Diver

Kumliens Gull

Kumliens Gull

Kumliens Gull

Kumliens Gull

Glaucous Gull

Glaucous Gull

Kumliens (left) and Glaucous (right)
Kumliens Gull

Glaucous Gull

Glaucous Gull

No comments:

Post a Comment