Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Watch this space!

Took my sx50 with me today, as I was in wexford to take care of some business, just in case! On my way out of Ardcavan , from the car, I spotted a large white bird on its own in a reedy field . By the time I had stopped and gone back it had gone, but judging by its size (Grey Heron- (Albino? - surely not)) I am nearly sure it was a Great White Egret! I finished my business in town and walked back out to where I had spotted it but couldn't find it again. I continued out to the Wildfowl Reserve and informed the wardens and asked them to keep me posted if there are any more sightings so fingers crossed and as I say - watch this space!
My trip wasn't in vain however as on the way through Ardcavan I found two Buzzard, one of which posed with a magpie, giving a good indication of the size of these fantastic birds, and at the reserve I got a few nice pics of a very calm and confiding Kingfisher. The sx50 is great but the more distant shots are a bit grainy and I wish i'd had my d7000 for the close up kingfisher but still delighted.








No comments:

Post a Comment