As some of you will know I recently had the good fortune to visit Costa Rica. What a country! A birders paradise if there ever was one. From watching soaring Black Vultures while having breakfast on my first morning to spotting a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher while en route back to the airport on my final day, this was one trip i certainly wont forget.
To put things in some kind of perspective I'll tell you that since my early teens (some 25 years) I have been first birdwatching then 'birding' a little more seriously as i got older (and wiser?). Up to my C.R. trip i had a 'life list' of birds, mostly in and around Ireland with a handful from the U.K. and Europe and a few from a short trip to the U.S., of 233 species. In ten days alone in C.R. is was able to spot 204 species.
I did this without being on an organised birding tour. I just travelled the country, camera in hand, trying to take in as much as possible. It's not only birds that caught my eye I also trained the camera on some of the other wildlife I encountered (mamnals, insects and reptiles mostly). So, enough of my ramblings. As the title suggests this, and the next couple of posts, will be a largely word free photographic round up of my trip. Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.
 |
| House Wren |
 |
| Dull-mantled Antbird |
 |
| Spotted Antbird |
No comments:
Post a Comment