Just as the boat landed I noticed a few seal pups on the shore, with their mothers paying close attention from the water.
I had been given directions for where the wryneck was previously spotted but, after more than an hour searching it was nowhere to be found, however as I headed back towards the house, just as the house/boat paths diverged I noticed movement in the bracken and there it was- feeding along the old stone wall near the path.
I headed back towards the house and garden through the palms where I found Blackcap, Chiffchaff and Spotted Flycatcher.
I was told there had been a garden warbler seen to the right of the house so went to check it out. Ten minutes in and around the house yielded nothing so I headed down the path towards the boat. Scanning the elderberry trees I noticed a few more blackcap and then, there, low in the bush was the garden warbler. It stayed here for a time before moving into the sycamores, a nice end to the day and a second lifer!
No comments:
Post a Comment