Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Migrants come and go

Here are a few pics of my recent trips to Tacumshin - one solo, one with M.P.. I missed the Caspian Tern by a couple of hours but managed to pick up a few migrants (coming and going), rarities and lifers all the same. I also thought I picked up a juv hobby, with M.P. but alas as the pics show it turned out to be a juv peregrine which wasn't too bad as it showed well, hunting all day.

Buff-breasted Sandpiper

Buff-breasted Sandpiper
 
Common Sandpiper
 
Citrine Wagtail (Juv)
 
Citrine Wagtail (Juv)
 
Knot
 
Dunlin
 
Sedge Warbler
 
Peregrine (Juv) - starting 'stoop'
 
Peregrine (Juv) - with Dunlin
 
Peregrine (Juv)
 
Hoverfly (Eupeodes corolla)
 
Common Darter
 
Little Stint (Juv)
 
Ruff
 
Peregrine (Juv)
 
Common Blue
 
Peregrine (Juv)
 
Barn Swallow (Juv)
 
Buff-breasted Sandpiper
Lesser Yellowlegs
Ruff (with turnstone and dunlin)
Sparrowhawk (Distant)

Buff-breasted Sandpiper
 
Buff-Breasted Sandpiper
 
Bright-line Brown-eye Caterpillar (Brown form)
 
Bright-line Brown-eye Caterpillar (Green form)





 

















No comments:

Post a Comment